VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT — Date: Property ID:
Property: Cottage Title
Rental Term: 4 PM Saturday [date] to 10AM Saturday [date]
ME Lodging Tax 9% $0000.00
Refundable Security Deposit $0000.00
- 1. Payments: payable to Acadia Cottage Rentals (ACR) by check mailed to the address below, or credit card via Vacation Rent Payment (we will provide a “click-to-pay” email invoice) with 3% US and 5% non-US transaction fee)—please note the Lessees name on mailed payments. Overdue payment may void this Agreement. Dates are not secured until initial payment is received.
- Maximum Occupancy: %StdNumPersons%[Trim] guests, not to be exceeded by occupancy or gatherings without Lessors’ express consent.
- Responsibility: Lessees assume financial responsibility for damages or loss caused by negligence or deliberate abuse to the structure, furnishings, appliances, equipment, and grounds (wear and tear from approved use and damage by the elements are excepted).
- Pets: No pets are permitted unless specified in #15 below; lessees are responsible for control of permitted pets, including barking, cleanup of any pet debris and for damages to the premises.
- Utilities & Supplies: Lessors will provide functional utilities and systems appropriate to the property; cooking and kitchenware; initial supplies of household items (e.g., toilet paper, paper towels, dish and laundry soaps, grill fuel) are provided; additional supplies must be obtained by Lessees. Bed linens, blankets and towels are provided for the reasonable and expected usage appropriate to the size of the guest party; requests for additional linens or towels or other items may incur service charges (determined by Lessors and deducted from security deposit funds on account).
- Smoking & Fires: No smoking of any kind (incl vape & e-cig) is permitted; evidence of smoking is cause for immediate eviction and charges to security deposits and/or additional charges may be due for remediation expenses; smoking also prohibited outside the residence unless expressly permitted; outdoor fires permitted only in cooking appliances or containers designated for recreational fires(e.g. fire pits); firewood is not provided unless noted in the property listing (but is available locally); fireworks are prohibited to be stored or used on the premises.
- Inspections & Repairs: Lessors or Agent may enter the premises to inspect, make repairs or alterations as necessary to protect property, equipment, and furnishings; Phone or email notice of inspection may be given in advance but in urgent situations notice may be waived.
- Habitability: If premises should be sold, become uninhabitable or legally prohibited prior to occupancy (such as by state ordered COVID-related travel prohibitions), prepayments will be refunded; if during the booked term, rent and tax refund is pro-rated; reasonable effort will be made to inform guests of pertinent information, but neither Lessors nor Agent control conditions external to the property and are not responsible for construction activity, road or neighborhood noise or the presence of locally-typical insects or other local nuisance conditions.
- Cancellations: Cancellations of completed bookings requested for any reason more than 60 days before check-in date will receive a 50% refund of rent an tax payments received; (and full refund of security deposit payment received); Bookings cancelled for any reason less than 60 days before check-in date will not be refunded. Cancellations will incur a $100 Cancellation Fee. This Agreement may be voided if initial payment is not received by the due date.
- Risk & Liability: Lessees may not use owners’ personal watercraft, if present, without express permission and will waive liability for permitted use (fee may apply); Risks such as steep or slippery shorefront terrain, indigenous insects or animals, equipment operation, or other risks may be present; Lessees agree to assume such risks, to take reasonable precautions (including against potential infective agents) to prevent injury to themselves, guests, and minors in the rental party and to hold Lessors and ACR harmless from any claims for injury and/or damage, to the full extent permitted by law, and to indemnify Lessors and ACR from associated legal expenses. Lessees should report potentially unsafe or deficient conditions to Agent or Lessors promptly. The Covid-19 pandemic presents risk of infection in any space accessible to the public and in sequentially-occupied private spaces, owners of rental properties listed with ACR endeavor to address the cleaning requirements unique to the pandemic using CDC recommended disinfection products; because visitors may be exposed in any public space they visit while in Maine and the source of transmission may be impossible to determine; Lessees agree to hold harmless property owners and ACR in the event while visiting Maine.
- Quiet Hours: 10 PM to 8 AM; local noise ordinances apply; Lessees will maintain peace and quiet suitable to the property location at all times
- 12. Cleaning and Departure Instructions: Basic Cleaning is included in the rent unless noted otherwise; security deposit refund is contingent on completion of the departure instructions which are noted in the final payment confirmation and/or a property-specific welcome letter sent on receipt of full payment.
- Security Deposit: Refunded by self-printed check via emailed link from eChecks.com.com 10 days after departure, less any charges for unusual cleaning required, damages, early arrival or late departure which delays or interferes with cleaning or for any needed extra cleaning (@$25/hr, per cleaner); Lessors are sole and final arbiter of any charges.
- Parties to this Agreement are the Lessees and the Lessors only; ACR s is designated booking agent and is not party to the agreement.
- Additions & Exceptions: (such as pet permission or other special notation)
15. Signed: (online by) Guest Owner