VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT — Date: Property ID
Rental Term: 4 PM Saturday to 10AM Saturday
ME Lodging Tax 9% $
Refundable Security Deposit $
1. Payments: payable to Acadia Cottage Rentals (ACR) mailed to the address below, or via PayPal (with transaction fee)—note the Lessees name on payments. Overdue payment may void this Agreement at Lessors discretion.
Payment Schedule: (50% initial pmt, balance due 30 days prior to check-in)
2. Maximum Occupancy: # guests, not to be exceeded by occupancy or gatherings without Lessors’ consent.
3. Responsibility: Lessees assume financial responsibility for damages or loss caused by negligence or deliberate abuse to the structure, furnishings, appliances, equipment and grounds (wear and tear from reasonable use and damage by the elements are excepted).
4. Pets: No pets are permitted unless specified in #14 below; the presence of unapproved pets is cause for immediate eviction without refund. Lessees are responsible for control of permitted pets, including barking, cleanup of any pet debris and for damages to the premises.
5. Utilities & Supplies: Lessors will provide functional utilities and systems appropriate to the property; cooking and kitchenware; initial supplies of household items (e.g. toilet paper, paper towels, dish and laundry soaps, grill fuel) are provided; additional supplies must be obtained by Lessees. Bed linens, blankets and towels are provided adequate to reasonable and expected usage appropriate to the size of the guest party; requests for additional linens or towels or other items may incur service charges (determined by Lessors and deducted from security deposit funds on account).
6. Smoking and Fires: No smoking is permitted inside the residence; evidence of smoking is cause for immediate eviction and charges to security deposits for smoke remediation; smoking may be permitted outside the residence; unless specifically noted, outdoor fires are permitted only in cooking appliances or containers designated for recreational fires; firewood not provided unless noted in the property listing; fireworks are prohibited.
7. Inspections & Repairs: After notification by telephone, email or in person, Lessors or Agent may enter the premises to inspect, make repairs or alterations as necessary to protect property, equipment and furnishings; in emergency situations notice may be waived.
8. Habitability: If premises should be sold, become uninhabitable or legally prohibited prior to occupancy, prepayments will be refunded; if during occupancy, refund is pro-rated; reasonable effort will be made to inform guests of pertinent information, but neither Lessors nor Agent control conditions external to the property and are not responsible for construction activity, road or neighbor noise or other local nuisance conditions.
9. Cancellations: If Lessees cancel this booking for any reason the rental term will be re-listed and funds received through re-leasing, up to the amount prepaid, will be refunded less a $50 Cancellation Fee. If re-booking is unsuccessful, payments received shall be retained and Lessees shall pay any remaining balance due under this Agreement. Owner/Agent may void this Agreement prior to receipt of initial payment at their discretion.
10. Risk & Liability: Risks such as steep or slippery shorefront terrain, indigenous insects, equipment operation or other risks may be present; Lessees agree to assume such risks, to take reasonable precautions to prevent injury to themselves, minors and, guests, and to hold Lessors and ACR harmless from any claims for injury and/or damage, to the full extent permitted by law, and to indemnify Lessors and ACR from associated legal expenses. Please report unsafe or deficient conditions to Agent or Lessors promptly.
11. Quiet Hours: 10 PM to 8 AM; local ordinances apply; tenants will maintain peace and quiet suitable to the location of the premises at all times
12. Cleaning and Departure Instructions: Cleaning is included in the rent & fees; full security deposit refund is contingent on the following:
1. Used dishes, cookware and equipment washed and stored; soiled surfaces, counters and tables wiped; outdoor grill scraped of food residue.
2. Trash bagged and secured in provided containers–pickup day and other info (recycling, if applicable) will be posted in the residence.
3. Floors clear of loose debris and furniture carefully replaced in original position without damage to floors.
4. Used sheets & pillowcases stripped and piled in the bedrooms and used towels/mats piled in the bathrooms–where laundry appliances are provided, please start a load (unless posted otherwise or departure is early and washer may not be emptied on the same day).
5. Return keys to their original location and leave entry doors as they were on arrival.
6. Call ACR at 207-479-1189 or 207-460-1000 if you have questions.
13. Security Deposit: Refunded by self-printed check via emailed link from VerifyValid.com 10 days after departure, less any charges for unusual cleaning required, damages, or late departure which delays cleaning ($25/hr); Lessors are final arbiter of charge against deposit.
14. Additions & Exceptions: (Pet approvals and other exceptions appear here).
15. Signed: Guest Owner